5 Ideas for Keeping Your Marketing Going During Lockdown
Mar 20, 2020
These are definitely uncertain times to be sure. Did you know the uncertain person is not likely to buy anything? It’s true.
But you can counter what’s going on in the world right now by being present. That’s right showing up. Maybe not physically as in person to person. You can still stay top of mind with your prospects and clients.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started.
1. Make a list of all your past clients. Reach out to them by phone. Be friendly, ask how they are doing and see if there anything you can help them with. (Notice this isn’t a sales call.)
2. Consider a direct mail piece. Add a small promotional item such as an eye glass cleaner clothe or letter opener to the envelope so it appears as “lumpy” mail. (Lumpy mail is more effective than a flat, traditional envelope.)
3. Make another list, but this time put only the person who know, like, and trust you already. This are your potential referral partners. Reach out to them by phone, email, text message, or FB messenger. The key here is to reach via the method that you normally talk with them through. Ask them how you might support them and let them know you are offering a new program or product. Ask them if they know anyone that might be interested. Inform them you provide a finder’s fee. (Who couldn’t use some extra income right now?)
4. Think about a promotional item everyone might like to receive today. Hand sanitizer, latex or non-latex gloves, facemask, etc. Consider sending a branded item to your current list of prospects and clients with a letter letting them know you’re here for them.
5. Host online meeting and invite your prospects and clients to join you for a topically discussion. (This is a great was to stay in community without leaving home.)
There. Now you have a few ideas to help you keep marketing your business during this uncertain time. The benefit of doing any one of these things is that it reassures your prospects/clients that the world hasn’t fallen completely apart. You demonstrate you’re still here willing to support them in any way you can.
Try it. Let me know how it goes.
For the promotional items mentioned above, please see our website for more ideas.